Saturday, March 14, 2015

Not Perfect....

"Do what you can."

This is what I heard the pastor say. He was referring to the Torah. I was relieved, because up until now, I believed that when it came to Old Covenant Law, there is no such thing as "doing what you can.". I'd found a Messianic radio station online, and though I never heard the pastor's name, his sermons were being played all day on this Shabbat Saturday.

This teacher also said that, if we don't have a farm (for example) then those (mandates) don't apply to us. This was also something that came as a shock to me. I thought that each instruction in the Torah was meant for all of God's people, to be followed perfectly because Christ had not yet come and paid the penalty for our wrong-doing. But I've been thinking: what happened to people back in Biblical days when THEY did not perfectly keep the Torah? They were imperfect human beings just like we are, right? So it's impossible that they would've NEVER made any mistakes. Did they just drop dead on the spot? Were they suddenly struck by lightning?. No... But when I would imagine people making mistakes with God's Law...all I could think of was the High Priest going into the Holy of Holies. If he did not do precisely what God instructed him to do in order to protect himself and present himself correctly, the Presence of Jehova, the Living God would just burn him up (basically) :). So the emotional feeling I got was that I needed to approach God, sort of, hiding behind Jesus.

For the first time, I now want to dig in to the Torah, and see what I CAN do for God. What is within my reach? How can I show Him I love him? It's as though I've been given "permission" to reach out to HIM...to RESPOND to him...to PLEASE him through making right choices...because I know I CAN...not because because I believe I have no other choice. Gee, so the TORAH and the TANAK (the entire Old Covenant) SHOWS me how to have a relationship with Yeshua?? Really?? Isn't this what I've been TELLING people they need to have since I was 15?? Hello!!

No comments:

Post a Comment